Monday 6 June 2016


Two mothers hoping to make a difference in the world of female body image have started an Instagram account solely dedicated to celebrating stretch marks.

In less than two weeks, Love Your Lines has amassed more than 31,000 followers, with women from around the world using the hashtag #LoveYourLines to submit images of their own 'tiger marks' - and the stories behind them.

'#LoveYourLines is a social media photo campaign to help showcase the beauty of the female body,' explained the East Coast-based mothers, who have asked to remain anonymous.

'I have had stretch marks since I was 13 years old. I'll be honest, I don't like them. I never wear bikinis... but 

I find these women so beautiful... Thank you for this Instagram account,' wrote one woman, who posted an image of her toned legs.

So far, the comments section has been filled with support from other women keen to share their own stretch-mark stories.

'You're not alone! I'm 18 and I have them too since 14!,' replied a woman named Catarina Rasteiro. 'I love bikinis and I always wear them cause I think... "I have those stretch marks... and so what? It's my body! My nature! Should I hide it? Never!"' she added.

Mothers who have undergone cesarean sections have also submitted images, along with captions to explain how much their stretch marks mean to them.

'I'm a mom of six! Yes, six beautiful babies were housed in my tummy,' wrote San Diego, California resident, Keisha. 

'I have worked hard to get my figure back, but I have never truly embraced the lines left behind after each pregnancy,' she explained. 'Oh and that scar? That's from a cyst removal when I was 18 years old. 

'The doctors thought they might have to remove my left ovary in order to save my life. They didn't have to, so that scar and those lines, those are what I love. They show that I'm still alive, with 6 beautiful babies.'

A 50-year-old mother-of-three that submitted an image of her stretch-mark covered stomach with the caption, 'I am proud to share my lines with you!', quickly received more than 50 comments from other women telling her how beautiful her body is.

Meanwhile Kimberly Klimenko, a mother-of-three, snapped an image of herself in a white bikini writing: 'I may not have the toned abs & you may even ask where my belly button is. However, I want to be real, relevant, & provide motivation & inspiration to other mommies out there to embrace their beauty, especially after their bodies have changed so much after child birth. 

'I have three children in which ALL pregnancies I've gained 50+ lbs. And people who know me, know how stretched out my belly got, looking literally like a watermelon! 

'Needless to say, I lost the tightness in my belly & developed lots of loose skin and the 3 c sections made it all worse. So long story short, I'm here to inspire & motivate other mommies to LOVE themselves & not care about what others have to say about your bodies!'





1 comments:

  1. Perkenalkan, saya dari tim kumpulbagi. Saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi files menggunakan hosting yang baru?
    Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website kami www.kumpulbagi.com atau www.facebook.com/kumpulbagi/ untuk info selengkapnya.

    Di sana anda bisa dengan bebas share dan mendowload foto-foto keluarga dan trip, music, video, filem dll dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)

    ReplyDelete

BLOG ANDA DISINI SANGAT SYOK

..